Job Application: Some words to help you.
Three steps to follow when making a job application:
- Find the contact details for the company that you wish to work for.
- Contact the company stating the position (job) that you are applying for.
- Fill out the job application form that they send you, with the following details.
- Personal – Give all the important and relevant details about yourself (name, address, phone number, driving license, etc.).
- Education – List all the schools, colleges and/or universities that you have attended, the courses you have taken and any qualifications you have earned or received.
- Work Experience – List all the jobs you have had, the position you held at each one and give brief details of your duties.
- Suitability – Say why you are the right person for this job. Give your reasons for wanting the job, (here you could say something good about the company that you are applying to). Tell them about your good character and personal qualities, and generally promote yourself.
- Finish by saying: “Thank you for taking the time to read this application”.
If any of these details are not included on the form, you should put them into a letter
(or email) and send it together with the job application.
NOTE: All details of education and work experience should be listed in reverse order, beginning with the latest:
- 1998 – 2002 London College of Music, Bellevue, London, England
- 1991 – 1997 Manor House Secondary School, Derbyshire, England
- 1985 – 1990 Eaton Gardens Primary School, Derbyshire, England.
|curriculum vitae||CV – resume||customer||challenge|
Some useful phrases
|I would like to apply for the position.||I saw the advertisement in the paper.|
|Should I fill out an application form?||Is the job full-time or part-time?|
|Will there be a chance to advance?||How soon would you like me to start?|
|How many days a week will I work?||What are the hours?|
|Will there be any overtime?||I am looking for a job with a future|