When you go for a job interview, you will be asked a lot of questions. However, there are also things that you should say to the interviewer about why you want the job. Here are some of the things you should include:
- I love what I have read about your company.
- I would really appreciate the chance to work with you.
- This job sounds exciting and I feel motivated to do well.
- I have the qualifications / experience needed for this position.
- I am ready to learn all about your company / business.
- I believe that I am the best person for the job.
- I have set goals and I am searching for a job with future prospects.
- I am capable of working alone or in a team. I get on well with others.
- I can be available to start as soon as you wish.
- Thank you for taking the time to listen to me.
Words to use in your job interview
In·ter·view (pronounced ˈɪntəvjuː) Noun
- A meeting of people face to face, especially for consultation. “All applicants will be called for an interview.”
- A conversation between a journalist or radio or television presenter and a person of public interest, used as the basis of a broadcast or publication.
- An oral examination of an applicant for a job, college admission, etc. “I am pleased to advise you that you have been selected for an interview.”
- Verb: To hold an interview with (someone). “He came to be interviewed by the manager.”
|current position||curriculum vitae||customer||date|
|date of birth||deal||decide||dependable|
|negotiate||next of kin||objective||operate|
Questions that the interviewer might ask you:
|Are you working at the moment?||Do you have a clean driver’s license?|
|Have you had any previous experience?||How much notice do you need to give.|
|What qualifications do you have?||What type of position are you looking for?|
|When can you come for an interview?||When did you start your current job?|
|Why did you leave your last job?||Why did you pick this particular company?|
Things that you may want to say to the interviewer:
|How many days a week will I work?||How soon would you like me to start?|
|I am a quick study, I want to learn.||I am a sales / marketing professional.|
|I am looking for a good salary.||I am looking to better myself.|
|I am looking for an opportunity to grow.||I am reliable and hard-working.|
|I am self-motivated, I can work alone.||I am used to working in a busy office.|
|I take pride in my work.||I work well under pressure.|
|I work well with others, I am a team player.||I would like this position because…|
|I would like to apply for the job.||I would like to take on more responsibility.|
|Is the job full-time or part-time?||Should I fill out an application form?|
|What are the hours?||Who will I be reporting to?|
|Will promotion be possible?||Will there be any overtime?|